Summary of editorial
* 1 Pull Up bar wide enough for 2 people, tall enough for a 6 ft tall person to hang on
* 1 Pull Up bar is shorter (you see me in the pic, I'm 5'8" and can touch it with my feet on the ground), this bar can be good to jump up onto for muscleup progressions
* 1 Dip bars high enough to hang with your legs straight
* 1 Dip Bars low enough to keep your feet on the ground for support
* Lotta lower bars for pushup variations, declines/inclinces/etc also for doing dips with your feet on the ground out in front of you
* 1 Plyo table for lower body box jumps/etc
* 1 Climbing rope (It's anchored tautly to the ground, so it doesn't have a lot of slack, so you can't do the CrossFit style climb with the rope wrapped around your foot/leg
* Inside the lower dip bars are bars below to do australian pullup and hanging back row variations
* 1 decline situp bench
No bathrooms open that I could find
There is a water fountain not too far
The surface is soft which is nice for any jumping exercises
There is a running track and field there for cardio/suicides/etc
It's not lit at night, but has enough light from the street to workout after dark.
The gates are open till 10pm in the Fall/Winter and till 11pm in the spring/summer
The main entrance is open where the Red Xs are in the pic.
When Campus Recreation programs or facility rentals are not scheduled, the Outdoor Field Complex is available for open recreation during the following hours:
(May 1 – August 31)
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 10:00pm
Saturday – Sunday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Fall & Spring
(September 1 – November 30 and March 1 – April 30)
Monday – Friday: 3:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturday – Sunday – 10:00am – 4:00pm
Accessing the OFC outside of these hours, is considered trespassing. Violators will be subject to criminal charges.
The jogging path is accessible throughout the hours above. Patrons using the path should maintain awareness of activity on the fields.
Field lighting will be off every evening by 11pm unless a special event, setup or teardown dictates otherwise.
Visit http://recreation.uic.edu/facilities/ofc for a complete schedule of field activity.